Installing Windows XP in VirtualBox
- Install VirtualBox, and the Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack (for usb 2.0 support)
- Create a Partition for Windows XP (mine was 52GB)
- In your Bios, under the Chipset menu in your bios Enable VT-X (on Outrider, the option is Intel Enhanced Virtualization)
Installation: I chose to use the x86 version of windows, since when XP was released, x64 was not well supported, and I do not need that much ram to print or scan images.
|Ram Usage||4gb||Dedicates X amount of ram to your windows installation|
|Disk Size||Dedicated 52gb||The amount of memory that Virtualbox can see and use|
To be able to use USB:
- install Oracle VM Virtual Box Extension Pack
- Rclick on your virtual machine and click Settings
- under usb, check Enable USB 2.0 Controller
- on the right side of the screen, click the + sign, and add the usb drive you want automatically present when loading.
give it some time on it's initial boot, there is a lot of hardware for it to detect and find drivers for...